Friday, November 30, 2007

My Life is Turning Around

Written by Sylvia

It was the fall of the year, September to be exact.
That is when my whole world turned upside down.
My partner made it hard for me to stay intact.
At that moment, my journey begins to escape the misery.

Sadness and grief have filled the months since then, I’m not whole.
I must find a way to climb the steps back to sanity.
A friend inspired me to look in the depths of my wounded soul,
and find the courage to write my own story verse by verse.

I am taking a chance to write about the things that shaped my life,
to form them into my words and share with the world.
Each word held up to the light to see the darkness and strife,
then am I prepared to place them in the recesses of my mind.

The light at the end of the tunnel is drawing nearer,
my dignity and self-respect once lost, I have now found.
I can see myself again once without looking in the mirror.
My broken spirit is healing, now I can laugh and smile.

There are other sad words that I must write,
to hold up to the light before I put them in their place.
The sun is shining on me and my heart is filled with light.
As my journey nears the end, my life is turning around.



Copyright © 2007 Sylvia A. Feeley All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderful poem. I like the way you narrated the emptiness and helplessness of a poor womens mind.see my poem 'last leaf'in my blog www.thulasiyila.blogspot.com and the comments about hope.