Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Child

written by Sylvia

You are old before your time, my child.
Kind, full of compassion and concern.
You don't know how many times I smiled
as you continued to grow and learn.

There is passion in your eyes and heart
as you have tackled everyday life.
That passion is what sets you apart;
if only I could remove the strife.

Our time together in this world
will end and I will leave you alone.
Let your enormous grief be unfurled,
then celebrate the life we had known.

Remember all the good times we had,
the wonderful memories we shared.
My child, when I am gone, don't be sad,
you must know just how much that I cared.

Angel's I have sent will be with you,
to watch over you and be your guide.
Don't be so sad, they will see you through
and fill my heart with enormous pride.

When you feel down and the need to talk,
remember, I am just words away.
Lift your voice to heaven as you walk,
and I will hear your words as you pray.




Copyright © 2008 Sylvia All Rights Reserved

No comments: